Access and Opportunity Program (MBE/WBE)
As a part of its mission, the District supports efforts to enhance minority and women owned businesses in Allegheny County. A special grant program for MBE/WBE support organizations, technical assistance programs and trade fairs is available. In addition, the District publishes a brochure listing major asset contacts (download a copy here in pdf)and the type of materials they purchase in an effort to expand opportunities with funded assets.
The following organizations have a role in sustaining and enhancing minority and women owned businesses.
- Western Pennsylvania Minority Supplier Development Council
- African American Chamber of Commerce
- Allegheny County Office of Minority, Women and Disadvantaged Business Entities
- Pittsburgh Black Business Directory
- Diversity Business Resource Center