15th Celebration of RADical Days Brings New Events, Special Discounts
PITTSBURGH—The region’s annual celebration of organizations funded by the Allegheny Regional Asset District will begin on September 18th and conclude on October 9th, with new events and special discounts. Now in its 15th year, the RADical Days event features free admissions and activities sponsored by the Allegheny Regional Asset District and its funded assets to thank the public for the sales tax funds that support the region’s libraries, parks, sports and civic facilities, and arts and culture organizations. Since 1994, RAD has provided more than $1.6 billion in grants to regional assets.
“RADical Days is a special opportunity to explore the outstanding art, music, dance, drama and cultural facilities represented by our diverse regional assets,” said Dusty Elias Kirk, RAD Board chair. “RADical Days have always been fun and free – but this year they’re fantastic times 15 with the special discounts being offered by select assets.”
To celebrate the 15th year of the RADical Days event, 15 organizations are offering special discounts to the public to continue the RADical Days spirit. These include:
- Avonworth Community Park: 15% discount off of the Mayernik Center or Cabin Rental for the rest of the 2016 season;
- Carnegie Museums: 15 months of membership for the price of 12 when purchased onsite during any of the museums’ RADical Days events;
- New Horizon Theater: Seniors (65 and older) receive 15% off $40 tickets for the production of Kings of Harlem;
- River City Brass Band: $15 tickets for any performance of September’s Some Enchanted Evening or October’s Haunted Classics;
All of the offers, contact information and promotion codes are available on the RAD website: http://radworkshere.org/pages/15th-anniversary-of-radical-days-15-discounts
This year’s RADical Days event will feature free admission to 45 events, including new and returning organizations:
- Upper St. Clair Twp will hold an open house on September 27th with family activities in Boyce Mayview Park.
- The Pittsburgh Symphony returns to RADical Days with a free hour-long concert at Heinz Hall on September 28th in a program full of musical storytelling.
- Pittsburgh Arts & Lectures will present Fierce Reads on October 4th, a lecture with four fantastical young adult authors.
- The New Hazlett Theater will bring its CSA Performance Series to the Pittsburgh Glass Center on October 7th for a mash-up of fresh artistic performance with glassblowing demonstrations and exhibits.
About RADical Days
Assets are NOT offering free admission every day. Check listings for each asset’s free date for performance, times, limitations or reservation requirements. Admission are first-come, first-served; no “rain checks.”
Get RADical Days alerts: text RAD to 79797. There is no charge to receive RAD text messages alerts; however, your standard message and data rates may apply.