2009 Annual Report
The connections that we make in our lives every day unite us with our families, friends, workplaces and interests in ways that enhance our live and communities. The work of the regional assets also serves to connect us with experiences and emotions that improve, motivate and guide our individual lives and our region.
The year 2009 saw the District break the $1 billion grantmaking mark in a time challenged by a significant economic downturn. A review of the assets' accomplishments for the year demonstrates, however, that the assets were no less committed to providing excellent programming and facilities.
- 15 million people experienced the assets
- 709,833 free admissions brought the assets to those who might not otherwise be able to attend
- 6,241 people were employed by the assets
- $357 million was contributed by the assets to our local economy in direct expenses
- 10,971,277 million items circulated at the regional libraries
The annual report Connections looks at some of the many ways that the regional assets created meaningful connections in 2009. It also contains reports on finances and accountability, and a full list of grantees for 2009.