Salsamba Latin Jazz Quintet Presented by Kente Arts Alliance & City of Asylum
Oct 13, 2021
7:00 pm- 8:30 pm
40 W. North Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Salsamba is a Latin Jazz Quintet that fuses authentic Latin-American rhythms with the harmonic and melodic sophistication of contemporary American jazz. Based in Pittsburgh, Salsamba performs at clubs, festivals, and colleges throughout the United States.
There are two ways to watch the program: in-person at the venue Alphabet City or live-streamed online. If you’re coming live, you can also dine at the in-house restaurant 40 North—before, during, or after the concert. Please visit Open Table to make a reservation. (Open Table reservations are different from concert tickets.)
Please scroll to the bottom to review City of Asylum's Covid-19 safety policies for indoor programs @ Alphabet City, including the proof of vaccination requirement.
SALSAMBA LATIN JAZZ QUINTET
Salsamba is a Latin Jazz Quintet that fuses authentic Latin-American rhythms with the harmonic and melodic sophistication of contemporary American jazz. Based in Pittsburgh, Salsamba performs at clubs, festivals, and colleges throughout the United States. The group has opened for many national and international stars such as Latin jazz king Tito Puente, guitarists John Scofield and Stanley Jordan. The group, capable of many musical moods, entertains its listeners with percussive and melodic improvisation of the highest quality. Salsamba, larger than the sum of five musicians, remains committed to both traditional integrity and daring innovation. Co-leaders are music director and guitarist Eric Susoeff, and conga player George Jones who are backed by multi-saxophonist and flutist Eric DeFade, bassist Jeff Grubbs, and drummer Thomas Wendt. Now in its 37th year, Salsamba proves itself to be an enduring creative collaboration.
Covid-19 policies for indoor programs [at Alphabet City] as of September 1, 2021
- To keep our audience safe, we will require proof of vaccination (physical card or photo) to attend all events at Alphabet City.
- There will be special accommodations for children under 12 and people with medical conditions or religious beliefs preventing them from being vaccinated. These audience members will be asked to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of the performance start time, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time.
- All guests will be required to wear masks.
- Audience size will be limited to 60% total capacity and seats will be set up with moderate social distancing.
- Please remember there is a restaurant, 40 North, inside our open concept venue. Diners will be required to show proof of vaccination but will not wear masks while seated at tables.